GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS – THE FRETTED FROG, LLC
RETAIL SALES (See particular terms and conditions for repairs)
- You can come and visit us (and get what you can't get online: try the actual guitar!) or buy online, through secured Google Checkout process. Sales conditions apply for items bought at the price initially displayed, in our store or on our website.
- We cannot guarantee the lowest prices, like our big competitors online, but we GUARANTEE the QUALITY of our PRODUCTS and SERVICES. We thoroughly inspect and test every instrument we receive at the store and send back to our suplliers those which don't sound good or are defective. Every instrument, including the most affordable ones we sell, are set up professionally by our luthier and are ready to play. When you buy online for the supposed best price, the risk is to receive an instrument that is not playable... So up to you, but sometimes, you may just waste your money instead of saving it!
- And all our instruments are in stock and ready to ship. You'd be surprised to see how many "good deals" from some online dealers are offered on instruments that are not even in stock, meaning weeks long wait...
- In store, we accept cash (yet no bills over one hundred, thanks), credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, discover, Dinners, JCB,American Express) and debit cards. Checks are accepted for downpayments only.
- For online sales, you can go through Google checkout (US only) or contact us and get a Paypal invoice.
- On all sales, on both good and services, we can offer the following financing with our partner GE Capital (upon credit approval):
- - 6 month deferred financing on all sales over $249 (including taxes);
- - 9 month deferred financing on all sales over $999(including taxes);
- - 12 month deferred financing on all sales over $1999(including taxes);
- - 18 month deferred financing on all sales over $3999(including taxes).
- In all cases, you won't pay any interrests as long as you meet minimum monthly payments and pay the amount in full within the aforementioned period.
- Prices shown on our websiteapply only for transactions through Intuit Payment Network or Paypal . Some prices shown on store tags can include financing fees (we cover a good part of the financing costs but can't cover all!) Prices will be discounted if you go through Credit/Debit card (same as website prices), and even further down if you pay cash. Please check back of price tags for details.
- On any purchase over $900 (including taxes), you can also choose a 36 motnh or 48 month financing, please ask us for details on monthly fixed payments and applicable APR.
- Please remember we're not a credit company and all financing commitement will be between you and our partner GE Capital. Make sure you can meet your credit commitement: our deferred plan are interest free as long as you meet minimal monthly payments and pay the full amount within the agreed period. If you don't pay within the said period, all deferred interests will be due in full and the APR can be pretty steep!
- All financing will have to be approved by GE Capital. The application process is pretty fast and generely takes no more then 20 mn. Once you get approved, you will receive a GE Capita/Fretted Frog Credit card. Use your credit card for all purchases at the store without deferred financing plan and get an extra 2% discount.
- You found the instrument of your dream and don’t want to let it go? You plan getting all the necessary cash within two months? We propose our lay away scheme:
- Pay 1/3 of the price as a deposit;
- Pay 1/3 of the price within 1 month;
- Pay the remaining price within 2 months and leave with your instrument.
- You can cancel your lay away at any time under following conditions:
All cancellation must be done in writing (e-mail to email@example.com or regular mail to 1414W. Colorado Boulevard, Pasadena, CA 91105);
- If cancellation occurs within two days after initial deposit, we will refund the full deposit;
- If cancellation occurs within the first week, we will refund 50% of the initial deposit;
- Any cancellation after the first week will result in the forfeit of the deposit amount.
- Failure to pay the second installment or full price within the aforementioned time frame will result in the cancellation of the lay away and consequently in the forfeit of the deposit amount
What if I can’t pay the full price?
- Only the initial deposit will be retained, under aforementioned conditions. If you have already paid 2/3 of the price, we will refund the second deposit. If we are able to sell the instrument within 1 month after order cancellation, then we will contact you and give you a store credit for the value of the deposit. If you are the buyer, the store credit will of course apply to your purchase.
All displayed prices include the following return policy:
- Return within 30 days: whatever the reason, we propose a full store credit refund if you decide to return the item you bought. Please check below on general conditions for returns. A gift certificate can be issued or we can credit an account under your name. If you want to opt for a cash refund, a restocking fee will apply:
- No restocking fees within first 2 days (day of purchase and following business day);
- 10% restocking fee from 3rd to 10th day after purchase;
- 15% restocking fee from 11th to 20th day after purchase;
- 20% restocking fee from 21st to 30th day afterpurchase.
- 30 day defective item return policy: in case of a defective item under the product original warranty, we’ll take the item back and take care of the warranty issue directly with the manufacturer during the next 30 days following initial purchase; you can choose then for a standard exchange (provided we have the item in stock, a full refund or a store credit); if you choose to wait for the repairs to be performed, we offer you a 5% store credit (based on initial purchase price);
- Instruments trade back (trade up) : at any time you can return your instrument for a trade back ; the value of the initial purchase will be deducted of any purchase of an instrument of a greater value*;
- buy back: for return without purchase or for trade back against a lesser value instrument, we will give you a quote; we’ll buy back at quoted value against store credit.
* Trade up conditions:
- Instrument of a greater value means 50% more in value as advertised in our store and/or website, with a minimum price increase of $200;
- Initial Price to be taken for comparison is the full initial price of the purchased instrument before any discount;
- Price to be taken for the value of the trade up is the actual price paid initially after discount and deduction of the value of any free items offered at the initial sale;
- Trade up does not apply to used instruments or instruments sold in sale or clearance, expected if agreed and mentioned on the purchase receipt;
- Trade up does not apply to instruments bought with a trade in or trade up, expected if agreed and mentioned on the purchase receipt;
- Trade up can't apply against used instruments or instruments sold in sale or clearance.
General conditions for return:
- All items must be returned to the store; shipping costs (including initial shipping costs as mentioned on the purchase order), if any, will be under customer responsibility;
- Original receipt must be provided;
- items are to be returned to the store in their original condition; Any packaged items should be returned in their original packaging;
- In case of any repair to be performed on the instrument, the value of the estimated repair will be deducted from the initial purchase to calculate the refund or discount.
- Items paid through a credit card will be credited back to the same card (no cash refund);
- Trade up apply to following instruments only: guitars, bass, mandolins, ukuleles and banjos when initial value excedds $100; trade back applies for instruments returned in normal wear and tear condition. In case of any repair to be performed on the instrument, the value of the estimated repair will be deducted from the value of the initial purchase to calculate the trade up value.
All prices include our privileged customers plan:
- free set up:
- custom set up at time of purchase;
- one free set up per year;
- 1 free restring if you decide to go with a different set then the one initially provided;
- 10% discount on all repairs;
- 10% discount on strings for the related instrument;
- 10% discount on lessons.
How does the privilege plan work?
For repairs and set up:
At time of purchase, we record the instrument per serial number. Once recorded, the plan applies to the instrument and not the owner.
We won’t ask you to keep your serial number with you all time and we only log your name for special discount on strings. There is no limit for the number of strings, except for stock availability.
- The plan applies for the name recorded at the time of the sale. If you wan’t to buy a guitar for you and get the discount for a friend, your kid or anyone else than just let us know to whom it will apply
What if I bargain the price?
- Financing, Return, Privilege plan, Lay away apply for the price displayed in the store or on our website. If you want mass merchant prices, we’ll advise you to go to them directly,. If we are able to propose similar prices (we don’t pretend to beat any price here, so it’s not sure we can), we will hardly be able to include other services and sale will be final.